Are you clear on your intended message? Are you aware of the possible unintended message? What’s the gap and why the gap? If your listener, audience or target market didn’t get your message as intended, who needs to change? Business communication can be highly exnihilating when it succeeds. It can also be deeply frustrating when it fails. In this podcast you will hear stories of success and stories of woe when it comes to communication. You can learn from the success and mistakes of others to improve your success as a business communicator. Imagine the difference when your intended message gets delivered and received more often.
Thursday May 11, 2023
The Battle Between Sales & Marketing: Gary Garth
Thursday May 11, 2023
Thursday May 11, 2023
Why doesn't sales and marketing play well together?
How can we get sales and marketing on the same team?
Episode 150 (Gary is based in Medellin, Columbia)
__CRACK THE CODE ON SALES AND 10X YOUR REVENUE___
Because you are a loyal listener of "Your Intended Message" get your
FREE 'The Zero to 100 Million Sales Blueprint' endorsed by:
- Head of Channel Sales at Amazon
- Director of Partner Program at Microsoft
- Head of Global Sales Enablement at Google
Go to 👉 https://garygarth.com/product/zero-to-100-million-sales-blueprint/
Apply at checkout COUPON: yourintendedmessage
- The importance of sales and marketing alignment. 0:00
- Three facts to know about Gary Garth
- There’s often a disconnect between sales and marketing. 2:14
- The disconnect between sales and marketing.
- How to solve the problem.
- How can one department contribute towards the other? How can we make sure that we’re speaking the same language? What kind of priorities can 4:24
- How one department can contribute to the other one.
- Best practices for sales and marketing.
- The importance of having sales and marketing as an army in the same front. 6:28
- Creating a chief revenue officer.
- Creating a weekly sales and marketing meeting.
- Why you need to understand your ideal customer profile from a sales and marketing standpoint. 8:43
- The 20 metrics sales and marketing should have locked down.
- Understanding the ideal customer profile.
- The first obstacle is creating awareness about the solution.
- The two different value propositions.
- What is the alignment between sales and marketing? How does it fit into the equation? 12:20
- Alignment between sales and marketing.
- Addressing the misalignment between marketing and sales.
- The third thing is to establish equal KPI. 14:35
- Aligning tools to make a tremendous impact.
- Establishing equal kpi.
- Practical examples of success for marketing and sales. 16:25
- Practical example, direct response marketing campaign.
- 70% of all leads come through phone calls.
- Sales and marketing each come with their own bias. Did you struggle with marketing people? 18:50
- Sales and marketing have their own biases.
- How to make sales and marketing work together.
- How to get your sales and marketing departments to work together. 21:20
- Marketing and sales need to be more open and willing to ask questions.
- The first step is collaboration.
- Aligning the two customer journeys.
- Step one, mapping out the entire customer journey.
About Gary Garth
Gary is a serial entrepreneur, founder and CEO of elevate.io. He's authored the zero to 100 million sales blueprint book, and the Goals Grit and Greatness Planner.
He's been featured in Inc, Forbes, Success and many other prominent publications as a serial entrepreneurs since 2002.
Gary has started and successfully exited six companies, including large outbound sales, call centres, radio advertising networks, and an award winning eight figure, digital marketing agency.
Gary Garth's current projects include:
Excerpts from this conversation with Gary Garth
That's, I guess that's the million dollar question here.
What I see in nine out of 10 scenarios, when I work with companies, the very first thing you can do to get an immediate assessment of how much collaboration there is between these two departments, how well they understand each other, and what areas of opportunity you can address is get them in a room together, and then had them both map out the entire customer journey.
So before they even become a customer, their prospect and that whole process to when they become a customer and understanding also, if you're looking at it from a as a as a business owner standpoint, their ability to cross sell, upsell products, collect testimonials, create case studies, how many referrals
Do you have understanding that whole process and aligning on all the different metrics? You will probably get one very clear picture from sales. And another picture for marketing.
So aligning those two customer journeys, less as and heavy one universal one will always tend to spark a lot opportunities because sometimes, the customer is continuously has communication with the account manager account executive in b2b, for example, but do they know exactly when to identify an upsell across an opportunity and how to promote it?
Could marketing for example, provide some content or collateral case studies, an ROI calculator that can demonstrate if you did x, y, z and expanded your service from Package A to B or added this or the product to the equation?
Here's the expected impact financially speaking as a result of that, all of a sudden, you'll see a lot of revenue opportunities.
So just mapping out the entire customer journey. That would be step number one.
Your host is George Torok
George is a specialist in executive communication skills. That includes conversation and presentation. He’s fascinated by way we communicate and influence behaviors. He delivers training and coaching programs to help leaders and promising professionals deliver the intended message for greater success.
Connect with George
For weekly tips to improve your presentations visit
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.